BE AWARE OF OFFERING PURCHASE & SALES SPOOFING
Fraud and Scam Alert
Larkalis Organization has an obligation to work with its suppliers, customers and other counterparts in a fair and healthy business environment. In this sense we would like to emphasize on important alerts about fraudulent schemes when some individuals or companies approaching in initial businesses relationships.
These fraudulent activities are commonly also referred to as ‘SCO Soft Corporate Offer’, which is an umbrella term to describe all varieties of the purchase and sale of non-existent capacity and non-existent stocks of product at storage terminals or ready to be delivered.
The targets for this type of fraud are national and multinational companies that either sell, buys, operate or are looking for storage facilities in port areas, as well as potential buyers of the products stored at these terminals. Basically, the products and storage capacity are offered under false pretenses and are non-existent.
In general, this type of business fraud is aimed at obtaining payment or at obtaining invoices, (counter) signed documents and/or email confirmations that could be used in fraudulent business propositions to other targets.
Just as an example, we inform that the Dutch National Cyber Security Centre has made available a list of websites that are implicated in Storage Spoofing. For more information, please access: https://ferm-rotterdam.nl/blacklist.
- Email correspondence through free web-based email accounts such as Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Live, etc.
- Unsolicited offers, often discounts/bonuses are involved.
- Requests for up-front money payments
- Requests of personal and financial information, often at an early stage
- An insistence on urgency
- Business propositions relating to a short storage term
- Poor use of English in communications.
WHAT TO DO
- Do not engage with the original sender, nor reply to the fraudulent communication
- Do not respond to unsolicited offers from, nor disclose your personal or financial details to people, email addresses or social media that you do not know or trust
- Please contact us and contact relevant authorities
Please be aware that we cannot accept any responsibility in case LARKALIS Organization and its subsidiaries, its employees, logo, names and/or identity are used fraudulently.
Additionally, Larkalis and its subsidiaries inform that we do not work with mandate to third parties to do business or start any negotiations on our behalf.
If you are interested in starting a Business Relationship with Larkalis please DOWNLOAD our fraud warning letter for Buyers and Sellers.
In case of any suspicious, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to talk with our commercial department.
Beyond reporting to the local Police Department of your country/region any case of suspicion of criminal offence or possible fraud scheme, see below other important sites to relate the same suspicions: